So food. He's tried avocados, bananas, mum mums, green beans, broccoli, asparagus and cheese tortellini. Oh and apples, both cooked in applesauce and uncooked. I think that's it. He loves it all. I have a feeling he's going to be a big eater like his buddy L. We started a bit early because he was showing total signs of readiness and I knew it would be a while before he actually ate anything. I started just putting it on his high chair in front of him (he's been sitting with us for dinner since he was 3 months old). He went from ignoring it, to staring at it, to screaming at me to put it in his mouth to taking it from my hand and putting it in his mouth to picking it up himself and feeding himself! yay! He mostly plays, but he does eat a little bit. We decided to go with baby led weaning. A friend went through it with her little guy and he did awesome, so I read into it, have been reading the book, and I feel really good about it. My favourite part is that he feeds himself, he decides what to eat and how much and he sits with us while we eat. Oh, I forgot the part about him deciding when to cut down milk feeds. I will breast feed this child as long as he will let me! (unless he starts pulling my shirt down, making moo-ing noises, or grabbing my tata's in public).
What else is new? Swimming. Jack LOVES to swim. We spend this past weekend in Niagara falls. A had a conference so J and I tagged along for a vacation. We went swimming almost every day, and although it wasn't great for his ridiculously sensitive skin, he loved it! He would kick his legs and arms like a good little fish. It was incredible to watch. We tested out our new cloth swim diapers and I love them. Luckily, we didn't have any poop incidents. I don't think any swim diaper could hold breast milk poops in!
We also did a lot of walking in Niagara and I've learned my son LOVES people. Especially women. He will smile and grin at any woman who looks his way. He catches so many peoples attention. I feel like I'm pushing around a movie star in the stroller! I know he's cute, but man, it just never ends! We put his new sunglasses on him for a walk along the river and seriously, just about every person that walked by had some comment. Aww! Look! So cute! The baby has sunglasses on! I know its cute and I love the attention, but I think J is going to turn out like his Uncle R, who to my mom used to sing "You are so Vain". Oh well.
Next up? Work. I have to go back to work. I am dreading it. I think I am in denial. I go back in June. J will be a few days shy of 7 months. Its horrible. I'm so sad about it, but there's nothing I can do about it. It's best if I go back. I love my work, and I don't want to be away from it for too long. A will also be finished his PhD soon and then wants to move us all across the border to the US so I want to be working before the move. Gotta stay in the field. But I'm going to be a mess, at least for a week, if not longer. The good news about it is that my in-laws are moving in with us and watching J. There's no one better to care for J (other than me and A) than his grandparents. I'm glad I can go back to work and just miss him. Not worry that he's safe and well taken care of. He has so many "bad" habits, I know my MIL can deal with them. He still nurses to sleep, often. He eats and sleeps whenever he wants. There's some sort of schedule, but I don't make him stick to one. He does have routines though, bedtime, nap etc.
I'm going to have to stop here. Talking about work is making me sad. A will beat me if I cry all over my laptop!

.jpg)



.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment