Well we are finally moved in. Well, pretty much moved in. We still have a bunch of stuff at our old place that we have to pick up and figure out where to put. Jack's room is pretty well organized, at least in a useable state. Our room is getting better. I finally got all our clothes out and put away today. The living room and kitchen are better. We're waiting on some more shelving for the kitchen cupboards, and then I can finish up in there. Andrew is still trying to figure out where to hang his speakers on the wall to get the best sound for his chair and the other seats in the room.
Jack didn't handle the move so well. On Friday, my parents came to visit and helped me pack up the house. I envisioned Jack spending a lot of time with my Dad, and my mom and I packing (my dad can't lift too much because of an injury). Well, Jack didn't like that idea. He's just started playing strange and getting upset if I leave the room. He wasn't too bad Friday, but he wasn't great. Saturday he was bad. I didn't get any unpacking done. He refused to nap, almost all day. I did get 30 minutes out of him while the guys were getting a second load at the old house (we were at the new house). I just put him on a blanket on the floor in his room. I had to put him on his back, I didn't want him on his tummy on the floor, so thats likely why he didn't sleep long. Andrew and I had to return the moving truck at 8pm, his bedtime. Luckily, he fell asleep in the car, but we did wake him when we came home and had to put him back to sleep. He was up every hour and a half from there. He didn't have his stickers on his wall - Wee Gallery Animals - so I think the room didn't feel like his own, despite his crib being up, his change table, etc. I tried bringing him in our room in the bassinet but it wasn't any better. Poor guy, we uprooted his world, I think, at a bad time. He did much better the second night and hasn't been too bad since.
We really like the new place, a lot. The dogs have been hanging out in the basement and really like it down there. Its partly finished. Theres a rec room, a bathroom and then the laundry and storage area. There's so much more room compared to our old place. Our bedroom is smaller, much smaller, but we're making it work. It's really nice having such a big kitchen and living room! Before, we had to pull our dining table out to use it, now, we can leave it out and we don't have stuff all around us, even with all the baby gear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)



.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment